As a PLANT OPERATOR FOR GMI, you’ll be:
· Taking ownership of all assigned work areas.
· Ensuring a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly following all company policies and state and federal regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Reporting any problems to the Supervisor, Plant Manager, or GMI Management.
· Following directions of GMI supervision as to daily tasks at plant.
· Communicate and coordinate closely with Control Room Operators during processing of frac sand.
· Assisting plant crews with various duties such as greasing, shoveling, washing, and general maintenance and upkeep of plant.
· Demonstrating the ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate equipment and learn additional skills required at a sand plant, specifically skid steer.
· Demonstrating the ability to use power and/or hand tools such as shovel, rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, sledge hammer and other tools associated with laborer.
· May be required to operate heavy equipment including but not limited to front-end loader, skid steer, and transloader.
· Regular and reliable attendance is a requirement for continued employment.
As a PLANT OPERATOR FOR GMI, you’ll need:
· To be at least 18 years of age.
· A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
· Basic mathematical skills.
· Experience as a general laborer in the construction, production or manufacturing industry is preferred.
· To demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards.
· Reliable transportation.
· Able to work the 6pm-6am shift with overtime.
· Must wear proper attire at all times including: hard hats and safety glasses when required, long pants, hard sole/close-toed safety-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
· Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with GMI supervision, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
· Valid Driver’s License preferred.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or, the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested.
Physical Requirements and Working Condition(s):
· This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat twist, and climb heavy equipment several times throughout the day, and balance at heights up to 6 feet from ground level. In addition, you must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as working in confined areas.
· This job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
· This job requires the ability to perform essential job tasks in less than favorable job conditions. These may include, but are not limited to: Performing strenuous work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
· Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment.
· Must be able to work various shifts and overtime when required.
What You’ll Like About Us:
Great Company Culture.
Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
Rest and Relaxation.
Prepare for the Future.
Training and Development.